Who? Us?

We are two disabled, oldish women who have been adventuring through life for years. We are talking about how disabilities, both visible and not, change the way we enjoy our retirement.

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Yelcot Telephone Company rating 5

218 East Main St.
Mountain View, AR 72560
(870) 269-3232
1-800-270-1198

Yelcot is the local phone company.  I have watched them over the past 3 years as they have installed a ramp. When I first moved here, I wanted a landline phone.  When inquiring, I was told I had to come down in person to give them a deposit. Okay.  Oops, when I got there, there was no way possible I could get into the building, no curb cut, no ramp. I called them from my cell and asked how I could get inside. They had installed a drive in window to try to comply with the ADA laws. Gotta give them some credit for inventive thinking.

Their building is near the center of tiny Mountain View so other buildings could be inspired by the curb cut and ramp, complete with railing they have build.  Props to them. I have not checked the doors, so don't know if they are self opening or not. So far, I have found no self opening doors in Mountain View except at Walmart.

Rating 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to us.