Who? Us?

We are two disabled, oldish women who have been adventuring through life for years. We are talking about how disabilities, both visible and not, change the way we enjoy our retirement.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Bits, Pieces and Laughter

It is so hot here in Arkansas that we have heat warnings in place. That limits everybody’s movement, not just mine. I probably have things a little easier because I can jump on my scooter and go to the mailbox at the end of the driveway. In this weather, that walk can be brutal.

I did get outside to cut some basil, oregano and rosemary, get it in and washed, so I could cook this morning. I was in the house before the sun came up, so I could at least breathe unairconditioned air for awhile.

I am doing bits and pieces today in case you hadn’t noticed. Some days we, meaning all of us who try to write every day, run out of scintillating things to say.

Oh, I was reading various blogs this morning while watching the sun bake this town.  I read this and laughed so hard, I almost cried.    
 Smart Ass Cripple: Crippled Enough to Collect 

Some of you think that all we do is sit around and feel sorry for ourselves, or sit around on our behinds looking for handouts or help. Indeed, many of us need assistance, both financial and therapeutic.  But some of us work or worked all of our lives, are now retired. And we certainly do not all sit around and cry.  

But when we read the words Smart Ass Cripple wrote yesterday, we forget any problems we might have, we laugh because we cannot do otherwise.

Follow his blog.  He writes well and delights us often.


Oh, and sorry about yesterday’s post. The URL was wrong. Here’s the right one.
What is a Tribe Anyway? http://ow.ly/QJCco 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to us.