Who? Us?

We are two disabled, oldish women who have been adventuring through life for years. We are talking about how disabilities, both visible and not, change the way we enjoy our retirement.

Friday, October 2, 2015

Donna Speaks: Six Important Things I Learned Before I Was Six

 
Number 1
What: I'm not suppose to chew somebody else's gum.
When: I was 3 years old
Where: Underneath our family's first home in converted Army barracks in Alexandria, LA
How: Mom caught me putting a piece of 4 year old Rusty Marshall's gum in my mouth - from his boy mouth.

Number 2
What: I could see fish better when I was under water 
When: I was 3 and 1/2 years old 
Where: Valentine Lake, Kistachie Forest, LA 
How: I waded into the clear cool water and fell face first and floated.

Number 3
What: Bumpy, Gaggie, Namnun, or Eckie, were just regular names.
When: I was 4 years old
Where: In Alexandria, LA
How: They were my paternal great grandmother, grandfather, and aunt, and one of mom and dad's best friends.

Number 4
What: Chicken cannot swim.
When: I was 5 years old.
Where: When our family moved to my mom's dad's country home.
How: I ran after, caught, and threw a chicken into a big ole horse trough full of water.

Number 5:
What: Electricity can hurt you.
When: I was 5 and 1/2 years old.
Where:  In the garage on top of my maternal grandfather's car
How: I unscrewed the light bulb and stuck my finger in the socket.

Number 6
What: Snakes can get into your house when you leave the wooden door open.
When: The summer before I was 6.
Where: In my mom and dad's bedroom when I walked in to kiss them goodnight.
How: I saw a cottonmouth crawling on the inside of the screen door and screamed.

Have a good day, Miss Althea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to us.