Who? Us?

We are two disabled, oldish women who have been adventuring through life for years. We are talking about how disabilities, both visible and not, change the way we enjoy our retirement.

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Donna Speaks: Fool, Not Queen, for a Day



I've gotta suggestion to make your holidays lighter and brighter: Be a Fool for a Day.  

Go on.  It'll do you good.  Really help your mental health.   Make you grow so much as a person. 

What do I mean?  Well, you could wear a silly hat. Or when doing your make-up, draw your eyebrows uneven.  If you have a particular "body" gift, do it as you're talking to a co-worker or friend.  Two of my gifts are that I can wiggle my ears and curl the sides of my tongue up.  

I can also talk "Donald Duck Talk" pretty good.  Or, how 'bout wearing your shirt in-side-out and see if anyone says anything.  Don't you wanna grow as a person?  Go on, do it!

Some years ago, I waxed poetic about being a fool. The result was "A Fool Like Me". 

Here it is.

You call me Fool
So
Even if you do
Calling me
A Fool
Does not a fool of me make
I choose to be a fool
For I go where you dare not
Say what you will not
Do things you only dream
And even regret the dream of doing
Though you may 
laughing 
beckon me
"Hey, Fool!"
I know
Your secret
If you could
You would
Be a fool like me


Happy Holidays, Miss Althea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to us.