Who? Us?

We are two disabled, oldish women who have been adventuring through life for years. We are talking about how disabilities, both visible and not, change the way we enjoy our retirement.

Sunday, December 20, 2015

PaulineConnArt


I have know Pauline Conn for several years now and have appreciated her art for every one of those years.  She has written a bio for me to spotlight on this blog and I do so with enthusiasm.

To quote Pauline:

“I’ve always been an artist. I started as a child with oil paints and clay. I've studied art in Minneapolis, Fort Worth, Corvallis Oregon and Taos NM. I've lived all over the country and am now a full-time RVer. 

 In Taos I studied plein air oil painting for several years with artist Barbara Bartels. We met weekly for 5 years, painting outside in the summer and doing studio work in the winter.

I also completed around 1000 hours of art study at the University of New Mexico, Taos, in Portraiture, 2  Dimensional Design and Life Drawing. I exhibited in various locations, including the famous Fall Arts Festival in Taos.



I'd always loved watercolor and had studied it in Texas, where I lived before I moved to Taos.  When I moved to Oregon I found an artist who taught pen and ink contour drawing, watercolor and colored pencil and studied with her for about 4 years.
 
I currently winter in Arizona and summer in the Pacific Northwest.  In Arizona I am juried in to the Artists of the Superstitions art association. We do 5 shows a year. plus I do other shows throughout the year. I now concentrate on pen and ink contour drawing, watercolor and colored pencil.



I love this work and love teaching it. I feel that I can teach anyone how to draw. I currently teach at the RV park where we spend the winter,  and also teach Artistic Travel Journaling at Central Arizona College. I sell at the shows, plus off my facebook page (Pauline Conn Art) and Etsy.”

Now you know more about my friend, Pauline. Check out her sunflowers, frogs and chickens at 


I guarantee you will want to own one of her pieces.  Here are some more samples:




These are available in prints or in greeting cards. Prices on her Etsy site 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to us.