Each year somewhere around now, I have a look back at my ever increasing years and write down things about myself that seemed important, at least at the time
1) I cannot seem to recover from PTSD following the loss of our house in Hurricane Katrina even if it has been 10 years.
2) I once took a year long motorcycle trip and visited every national park in the US.
3) I am so glad I did so much traveling when I was young and could enjoy it more.
4) I spent so much time in church as a youngster, I said I would never ever set foot in one again and haven't
5) I spent years studying organized religion and realized that it is a huge power trip by the leaders who want only power and control over many. National politics is much the same.
6) I am very spiritual, knowing that we are all part of the same natural web of life. I find myself and all others in nature.
7) I am probably the shyest person on earth.
8) I am completely at ease with a microphone in my hand standing in front of 10,000 people.
9) I question everything. Always have and always will. It got me in lots of trouble and still does.
10) I love learning and never want to stop.
11) I read drug store trash novels.
12) Motorcycles mean freedom to me.
13) I only worked to feed my travel addiction.
14) Retirement is OK, but getting on a ladder or picking up something heavy is much harder to do.
15) Surviving Katrina was the hardest thing I ever did. No, quitting smoking was the hardest thing I ever did. Surviving Katrina was the second hardest thing.
16) When I came out, the whole world suddenly came clear.
17) I think swimming is staying alive in the water, but I loved to water ski.
18) Sailing is a great way to spend any amount of time.
19) I rarely leave the house without a camera, but am not a great photographer and it's time I accepted that.
20) I am a hack writer. Most all writers are better than I am, but I still keep grinding out words.
21) Everything I have done in my life to make a living was a success.
22) I was 48 years old before I found my passion and earned a living at it.
23) The politicians of the United States are owned by corporations. Their running of the government is only an attempt to keep their jobs.
24) I think my great-nephew is a really cool kid.
25) I moved to Arkansas to my dream house. This house and land makes retirement fantastic.