Who? Us?

We are two disabled, oldish women who have been adventuring through life for years. We are talking about how disabilities, both visible and not, change the way we enjoy our retirement.

Friday, July 17, 2015

Bottom Five

I live in a tiny town in Arkansas, and in a remote region of that town even.  I left New Orleans after 40+ years of living there to retire up here in AR.  
I was reading a disability blog this morning named Disability Scoop. This fine writer gathered stats about disability access in all the states.  One would think that when I retired, I could have picked a state that had better statistics than Louisiana. Well, I did, but not by much.  Seems as if the South, as usual is home to the bottom 5 states in all the categories you can think of, the ones that are important.. Whyever did I think that things would be any different.
This coming from a native Michigander who did grad work in Chicago. You’d think I would have learned something there.

So, here is the blog I read:



..........
Mississippi came in dead last for the ninth year in a row. In addition, the report calls out Arkansas, Illinois and Texas for consistently falling at the bottom of the list since 2007.

It figures.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to us.