Who? Us?

We are two disabled, oldish women who have been adventuring through life for years. We are talking about how disabilities, both visible and not, change the way we enjoy our retirement.

Saturday, September 19, 2015

More of Defective Mattress Saga

Remember that mattress I bought that I returned to the mattress company. If you don’t, you can read about it here:

This saga started in mid July. It’s now mid September.  Here’s what I have done so far since the second defective mattress arrived.  I sent  photos














to the company and told them I want my money back. This is the second defective mattress, remember.

 After much pestering, and finally canceling the charge on my Visa, the  company responded saying they would refund my money when I returned the mattress.  Got that letter 2 week ago.

Today I was told that someone would be here Monday to pick up the mattress. Here’s the letter:

“Attached below is your return Bill of Lading. We have advised the carrier to contact you to schedule your pick up appointment. Please be sure to print two copies. One copy to be taped on the package and second copy will be provided to the driver upon pick up. Please ensure your mattress is packaged and ready for pick up. If you do not have original packaging, any plastic encasement should work fine. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.”

I have to print out two copies of the bill of lading and, catch this:  I have to put the mattress back in its original package.  Ummmm, the last delivery people took it with them when they delivered it back on September 2nd.  Alternatively, I could wrap it in plastic and give it to the pick up guy.

Now you know that I, at 73 years old and not mobile, certainly cannot pick up 100 pounds of mattress, let alone wrap that sucker in plastic and present it to the mattress pick up people.

So, what to do?  I suspect that the delivery people will have to figure that out.


I will keep you posted. Monday should be the end of this story. At least I can hope. Of course, I will have no mattress…..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to us.